This episode of Digital Adoption Show features Shreya Srivastava, Customer Success Manager at Whatfix, and Robert Szabo discussing the Top 3 hacks to transform your organisation’s learning experience.
During his conversation with Shreya Srivastava, Robert had some brilliant insights on how leaders can learn to :
- Overcome language barriers in the workplace
- How to embed new ways of learning in the traditional organizations
- How Gamification can change the way learning happens in any organization
2:31 – Recommendations for the new entrants in L&D
- The most important one is to keep up with technological development, which is moving at a more rapid pace than it ever has. Communication skills are critical to be effective in this new way of work
- With a lot of people now working in remote teams and who have never met each other physically, people need to be aware that the skills that are required by employers these days are constantly evolving
- With organizations re-skilling and up-skilling their employees, employees should take proactive steps to equip themselves with the skills they will need in the future
5:55 – Impact of COVID on the changing mindset of the people learning?
- We can compare it to as big a historical event as the second world war or women joining the workforce. These things happen to humanity, creating changes that don’t disappear quickly and I think the impact of COVID-19 is visible because remote work is not going anywhere
- Companies are now reducing office spaces and they enforce remote work policies for the well-being of employees in other instances, they’re controlling costs
- Digital pedagogy got a big shot in the arm and more jobs have been created in the space of digital curriculum creation and the digital transformation of university offerings
9:27 – How do you cope with learning and bridge the linguistic barrier?
- English has become something of a lingua franca. For instance, if a Japanese guy talks to a Swedish person, they will speak English. English has become an integrative tool where people want to become part of that community
- To address the communication goals, focus on different channels and create a culture where everybody has a voice. Try to set a benchmark level for each language, which could be neutral in value and try bringing everybody up to that baseline
Listen to Robert’s incredible journey on the latest episode of The Digital Adoption Show. Do check it out now.
You shouldn’t miss this exceptional episode, which is one of them.
Robert Szabo Vice President, Learning Sciences at Learnshipis enabling global digital transformation in corporate language and communication training.