Mark Nemeth Director, Leadership Development & Learning at Insulet Corporation, shares his first thoughts on the mention of Digital Adoption and Digital Transformation, he interestingly quoted, “If I had more time, I’d write you a shorter letter.”
The latest episode of the Digital Adoption Show features Gokul Suresh, Global Head of Growth and Field Marketing at Whatfix and Mark Nemeth on How to use Emerging Technologies to Enhance Traditional Approaches to L&D.
11:02 – What works over different learning methodologies? Are there any other methods you vouch for?
- We have an R&D lab within learning and development, where we are testing out new learning modalities, to see if they work with this corporate population that is very diverse. It’s really important not only to offer diverse learning modalities but also to blend them into the offerings that you have
- If learners prefer to consume information socially, let them have that connection and provide them with the ability to bounce ideas off of other people in the room. There’s a lot of content management and knowledge management, as an L&D professional it’s your responsibility to make sure that the right kind of concepts is at those levels and proceed with the newer ones
- In a world where it doesn’t matter where you physically are, as long as you can connect to your brain, there are some things that are just good to see physically in front of you. For Instance, when we talk about creating a vision and a mission or a purpose statement for your team, we use the analogy of a mountain and climbing a mountain
19:53 – Why does that organization prefer traditional learning methods when there are so many other options? Why is that mindset so hard to change?
- You get muscle memory and you get used to delivering information and facilitating conversations in a certain way we all do. Being in front of a room and facilitating conversation in person, there’s so much data you get, just by seeing people’s body language and their responses to different concepts, but it’s really hard in the digital space
- We have been masters at old learning modalities and now we have an opportunity to get more comfortable with new-age digital learning modalities. The more you lean into new learning modalities, the more they actually disappear and, if you close the distance, you get actually a closer, more intimate, more powerful and inspiring connection with the people you are trying to train than if you just stay with one modality or one style, regardless of how used to it you are
- Everyone has the support of their companies to try new things. When you try it, you will discover a whole section of your population that gets unlocked, and you can see better engagement all of a sudden than you had before
Check out the episode now!